1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

save our forests campaign

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Jan 24, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

You may have seen the article I had in my resources about the governments plan (and pledge) to sell off many if not all of England's forests. There have been a lot more articles recently - front page on the Telegraph today - so I have added some more articles, comments and info about this important subject.

I guess in RE it is related to spirituality, wonder and awe - and of course the creation/stewardship in GCSE. When we aren't campaigning to get RE included in the English Bacc perhaps we can link our schools with the local 'stop the sell-off' campaign.

nice activity for cross curricular work, too.

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

You may have seen the article I had in my resources about the governments plan (and pledge) to sell off many if not all of England's forests. There have been a lot more articles recently - front page on the Telegraph today - so I have added some more articles, comments and info about this important subject.

I guess in RE it is related to spirituality, wonder and awe - and of course the creation/stewardship in GCSE. When we aren't campaigning to get RE included in the English Bacc perhaps we can link our schools with the local 'stop the sell-off' campaign.

nice activity for cross curricular work, too.