1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Saudi government lower than vermin?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

That's because you have enough.

2. Aquamarina1234

Fuxake Red, do you really not understand money? They've got got so much they couldn't care less what anyone thinks because they can afford to ignore them or buy them off.
    It's hardly a new concept.

3. Aquamarina1234

Sh ag or die: Iran or Saudi?

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Cant i have a young willing woman instead of a whole nation?

5. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Offensive remark

6. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

How can an visit to get documents for a marriage turn into an interrogation that went wrong?

7. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

After an earlier appointment at the embassy, Khashoggi was returning to the embassy at their request to collect a document confirming his divorce. There could well have been ulterior motives other than 'collecting a document'. Although he supported many of the changes being made in KSA, he had also made some criticisms. He also had many connections and probably knew a few secrets that he would have been safer not knowing.

There are a number of possibilities:
    • There was a plan to abduct him (alive and no doubt kicking) and fly him back
    • To interrogate him to discover what he knows and what he planned to do with that information
    • To give him a bit of a shake up and a warning not to cause any trouble whilst out of the magic Kingdom
    • To murder him and spirit his body away in one piece/many pieces
    • Any combination of the above
    If they were interrogating him (which could include waterboarding) or giving him a general beating, he could have suffered a heart attack, or similar and died. He was 59 and not the fittest/healthiest looking specimen. Possibly not the intended result, but not good either way.

What is happening now is that some of the powers that be (primarily the USA) are working towards damage limitation for all concerned in order not to jeopardise the status quo.

2 things to be clarified:
    • Where is the body?
    • What is on the tapes which the Turkish say they have?
    I don't support any of the above and what has happened is disgusting and inhuman. Just answering your question

emerald52 likes this.
  8. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Getting to the bottom of this is going to be as difficult as solving the Salisbury novichok poisoning.
    Perhaps we will never know all the truth.

9. Brunel

Brunel Lead commenter

Actually, the Salisbury poisoning was relatively easy to get to the bottom of - largely due to the incompetence of the assassins and the organisation behind them. I suspect the same will be true of the Saudi killing: from the evidence so far it doesn’t seem as if the Saudi authorities went to great lengths to disguise what they were doing. It’s perhaps no surprise that the two events are similar given that it’s been reported that the Saudi crown-prince is an admirer of Putin’s tactics.
    What’s more difficult to work out is how strong the reaction of some of Saudi’s allies will be. I don’t imagine that the US will do much - Britain’s reaction in the weeks ahead will be interesting.

10. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The Saudi team's arrival with a bone saw in their luggage does seem to be a bit of a clue. :(

emerald52 and Brunel like this.
  11. red_observer

The sickening site of Saudi rulers smiling with Pompeio is just as low as this gets.

emerald52 likes this.
  12. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

If this story is true, then how can we continue to do business with the Saudi regime?

Journalist Jamal Khashoggi ‘was butchered while STILL ALIVE and took seven minutes to die after being attacked on Saudi Consul General’s study desk, horrific audio of his murder reveals’
    • A source claimed to have heard audio recording of Khashoggi's dying moments
    • Source said that Khashoggi was dismembered while still alive on October 2
    • According to the source he can be heard screaming in the horrifying recording
    • Khashoggi was said to have fallen silent on the tape as he was given an injection
    • People downstairs in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul reportedly heard screams
    • Turkey said Tuesday they found 'certain evidence' he was killed in the building
    • A Turkish official also claimed police believe Khashoggi was dismembered

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-toxic-materials-Khashoggi-murder-probe.html

red_observer likes this.
  13. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Why is Turkey not releasing at least some of this?
    It might make a certain appeasing President change his tune - yet again.

smoothnewt likes this.
  14. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Part of the political chess game I would guess. Also control of information given out to the media.

However I do agree with your sentiments. It would help the public to see more credible evidence rather than a rumour of evidence.

I have just read an article stating sources from within say that he was dismembered whilst still alive and could be heard screaming. Not good news if true

15. red_observer

Because Saudi is our friend and Russia is not, our government and their pathetic stooges who post support for them on this site have absolutely no morals whatsoever. I’ve noticed those who condemned Putin and Russia HAVE NOT POSTED ANYTHING on this issue. You know who you are and shame on you.

16. Brunel

Brunel Lead commenter

I did and I have.

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I have met and taught many students from Saudi Arabia over the past years (both male and female) and they were all exceptionally well-mannered and polite. So why is the country run by people that appear to be the opposite?

18. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

19. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I did and I have. However, I am also waiting to see what the 'excuse' of the Saudi rulers is for the disappearance and also for the Turkish authorities to release the information which they claim they have.

Me too.

20. Aquamarina1234

"Source" is probably not going last five minutes if his/her identity is revealed. But without substantiation, it's easy to dismiss it as lies.

nomad likes this.