1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sauce for the goose, but not the gander

Discussion in 'Education news' started by florian gassmann, Mar 5, 2016.

1. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Sir Michael Wilshaw, star of Homes Under the Hammer in which his other life as a property developer was revealed on the TV when we saw how he did up a tiny terrace house to make a handsome profit, yesterday warned headteachers not to take part in TV reality shows:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35726879

:mad:

delnon and chelsea2 like this.
  2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Generous answer: Perhaps he's forgotten he did that show.

Ungenerous answer: @~#$ &$%^# :mad:

delnon and lizziescat like this.
  3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

What do you expect from a lying **** like Wilshaw?

delnon likes this.
  4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

I really want to know why he thinks they give a "distorted view of education" . Is it because they make the daily grind look too good or does he feel the daily grind /behaviour makes it look too bad.

Personally I think the 'Educating....' Series is far too cosy and nice to be a real reflection of schools today.

On the other hand if he is suggesting that head teachers should not be trying to be medja stars or be furthering their (consultancy) careers through these shows then I'm with him.

But the politest thing I can say about him (without getting banned). Is that he really is on another planet. (Other phrases would include the words 'rectum' 'own' 'up' 'far' 'so' etc)

cissy3 and delnon like this.
  6. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Teachers can become seriously wealthy....

7. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

So it seems that 'hypocrisy' is another word absent from the Wilshavian mini-universe? :rolleyes:

A career in politics surely beckons. Any Rotten Boroughs holding by-elections any time soon?

cissy3 likes this.
  8. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

What can you say? Beggars belief.

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Once again... telling teachers what to do... as if his government stooge post gives him that sort of power.

**** off mate would ya?

cissy3, delnon and Billie73 like this.
  10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

What I dodn't understand is why thoese series seem to concentrate on secondary.What of FE or primary. I am sure there is a nice cosy primary academy near you.