1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Saturday Morning School EV... why???

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, Feb 5, 2012.

1. They did really well, I was so proud of them... We had a lovely day out and now we have to wait a fortnight to find out the results.... We are up against a really posh indie school from North London so my kids from a bog standard comp in the midlands felt a tad intimidated... They all turned up suited and booted (even though the instructions were dress comfortably) and my lot were in chinos and trainers .... They didn't let me or the school down...

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well done to you tafawke. There are some kids that are worth going the extra mile for if it means they get an opportunity that they otherwise wouldn't get. I drove our minibus through the Snow last night from Brum to Coventry and back to give 10 of my yr 10s a trip to an event. They enjoyed themselves, were a credit to themselves, the school and to me (we went to a place where I am well known so I would have been embarassed if I had been made to look bad). I'm taking most of the same bunch plus a few more to the NEC on a Saturday in March for the whole day.

The fact is when I look back at my own schooling (60s and 70s) the most enduring memories are the ones from trips, events and school teams many of which happened at weekends.

Did they get the jobs?

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Ha, I had the opposite happen last year. I took a group of girls to a medicalevent intended for kids considering becoming doctors. I told them to dress 'professionally' and said 'Think secretary'. They turned up looking really good with all the right clothes. We were the only state school there the rest being posh Indies. Their kids turned up looking like sacks of **** tied in the middle! My kids were a little upset at first but were mollified when several of the key speakers made a point of coming over to speak with them in the breaks.

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Hey the filter is letting '****' through!

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I tried to make a joke involving a filter and a **** coming through... but I decided to leave it to Bauble.

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

LoL
    Does it let *** through yet?

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

obviously not
    i diot