1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATS tests for students below L3

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by CarrieV, Mar 11, 2012.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Apart from the Year 2 SATs papers, which are level 2 and 3, there is a Level 1 task pack but it is very hard to come by, perhaps ask in a local primary school as I can never seem to find it on the NCA website!
    http://www.brightminds.co.uk/publish.asp?what=sats&page=1#english-key-stage-1-sats has some to get you started ( although you have to sign up for their free newsletter!)

A good alternative are the Wigan Assessments ( http://www.wiganschoolsonline.net/curriculum/maths/blockassess.shtm ) which cover all years from Reception to Year 6 so will certainly cover the levels you need.

A further alternative is the Rising Stars series of tests, again there are ones for each year group, but the levels can sometimes be a little "iffy"

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Oh, and I think emaths has some early KS1 papers too!

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

The Sandwell Early Numeracy Test can be used to assess from p levels to 2A. It focuses mainly on number. It will give you a standardised score, number age and approximate NC level.
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
    Carrie [​IMG]

4. Brilliant, thank you. I will ask my HoD which he would prefer. The students are already eagerly anticipating a test that they can have a "proper try" at - no, I am not being sarcastic, they genuinely want to feel achievement.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I teach Year 6 so the majority of my children are eagerly anticipating the SATs in summer, they too enjoy the sense of competing against themselves and the test! I think it is all to do with the way any test/exam is approached, as a way of showing what you can now do that you couldn't before, whether you are working at level 1 or level 6! We're having a bit of a practice this week and they've all asked if I can look out some more for them to do as I haven't apparently found enough to try!

6. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

I have found that most children can experience some success in a KS1 Maths test, found on Emaths, very few would come out as only a L1.