1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs Support

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sulas, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hi All
    Just a quick question.
    I thought that if children needed support in the sense of a reader, a prompter, a scribe or if they needed rest breaks in ks2 SATs these had to be applied for - and authorised months ago.
    I know children can have questions read if they ask - but if the need every question read i thought they needed authorisation.
    Anyone able to tell me if i am correct/incorrect and where i can find this information - as we are not in school i can't check in the book.

2. Hi All
    Just a quick question.
    I thought that if children needed support in the sense of a reader, a prompter, a scribe or if they needed rest breaks in ks2 SATs these had to be applied for - and authorised months ago.
    I know children can have questions read if they ask - but if the need every question read i thought they needed authorisation.
    Anyone able to tell me if i am correct/incorrect and where i can find this information - as we are not in school i can't check in the book.

3. luffenham

luffenham New commenter

Hi
    You can find the assessment and reporting arrangements online here https://orderline.education.gov.uk/gempdf/1445951959/STA125571p_Assessment_and_reporting_arrangements_key_stage_2.pdf
    Hope thats the right link.
    But anyway extra time needed to be applied for but readers, scribes etc do not. Last year we had to fill in forms (which could be downloaded) after the eventto say child had scribe...cant remember whether we did this for readers...would have to look it up as my Easter holiday brain (and the wine) has kicked in. I do remember something about this should be "standard/regular classroom practice"?
    Hope thats of some help

4. thanks for your help.
    That sounds about right. Last year i had a boy in my class who broke his arm 2 weeks before the SATs and so needed a scribe. We needed to complete a form and he had to practise with the TA as much as possible. But that was different because it couldn't be predicted.
    Will look up the link for the rest. Thanks.