1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs results- Share your success.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Alu1908, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Come on everyone, it's that time again. I think we should all share at least one success story from the Year 6 SATs. So, even if everyone (including the precited level 5's) got below a level 3 in writing, post your one success story on here i.e. the kid that went from W1 to level 2a in only six months LOL! [​IMG]

2. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

We don't have any results so can't share yet!

3. 13 out of 16 of my class of year 2s, (who are all English as an additional language) got 2a's in their comprehension today...
    v pleased...

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We look like we will have our best ever maths results for the second year running.
    Also, we had one girl go from a W at KS1 to L5 in English.

5. wordclass

wordclass New commenter

Also, we had one girl go from a W at KS1 to L5 in English.
    That is brilliant!

6. I have a year 5 girl who went from 2b in September to 4b in her optionals (actually, the moderator said it was a 4a but I kept it at 4b!).
    Another one went from p8 to 2b.
    It's made my year

7. Does everyone have their results then? We're still waiting - I gather they have to be here by Tuesday though (...)

8. How do youknow the levels? I thought the thresholds didn't come out till Tuesday? We have nothing back yet

9. Everyone, I assume, is using the thresholds from the past couple of years. They tend to stay roughly the same each year.

10. That's brilliant, makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?!

11. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

100% English and Maths for the first time ever! Happy! [​IMG]

12. Thresholds are on qcda site now......
    http://www.qcda.gov.uk/resources/assets/290611_level_threshold_tables_2011.pdf

13. Brill idea to share successes...easy to get bogged down in all the doom and gloom of writing marking!!
    Here's one for you all, a smashing lad who has gone from W to Lv.3 in Eng and Lv.4 in Maths between KS1 and KS2.
    As someone said earlier, this is why we do it....although I think we all agree that it's the journey with these children that's so rewarding and the thought of them being able to hold their own in Secondary school rather than a bloody level!

14. My class of 20 children just managed to get 100% level 5 in reading!! In a very deprived area and targets were for 100% level 4 and just 35% level 5 so we are all in shock!!!! Pity the writing didnt anything similar! Just 10% level 5 and rest level 4s. Sometimes a small class of 20 worth 5% each either goes your way or doesnt!

15. OMG That's fantastic, I hope you cracked the bubbly out! Great to get level 4 and above in writing though- even though they didn;t hit level 5. I had a little boy in my class make 7 sub-levels this year in maths. He had no idea about place value and as soon as I taught him it, he started to make loads of progress. Teaching can be the best job in the world!

16. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

100% English, (combining the reading and writing) and 92% maths, so we're very happy.

17. Alena

Alena New commenter

100% level 4+ in maths and English and a jaw dropping 82% level 5 in writing - I am seriously drinking tonight.

Alena

18. 100% in English and Maths for level 4 at least - I'm trying to be positive.

19. We got the best writing results in our school's history. All thanks to Ros Wilson's Big Writing and a huge amount of work (the teachers of course, not the kids ha ha!)