1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATS results not published

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by JayDean1, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Our school has been told by the QCA that our SATS results will not be published. Does anyone know why this might have happened? Is it unusual? Is there any way we can find out why?

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

I'm not Core, but ..... I was under the impression that KS3 SATs were abolished a few years ago.

3. These are not exams. I mean the teacher assessments

4. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

As a matter of fact, henriette, there have never been SATs at KS3 - or at KS2 either. (I shouldn't have put that, really. Someone on another thread told me off for stating the obvious - "everybody knows", they said, that the key stage tests aren't really SATs!)

5. markuss

So, QCA will never, ever have anything at all to say about "SATS" with any spelling - unless they mean the American university entrance tests.
    So, please tell us again, JayDean what exactly have you been told about your TAs? This is very intriguing.

6. gruoch

gruoch New commenter

I thought this was a reference to KS2 NCTs. TAs at KS3 haven't ever been published, I think.

7. DM

DM New commenter

QCA doesn't exist. SATs don't exist. It doesn't look promising for the accuracy of this thread really does it?

8. I don't want to be too specific, as I am a little worried of the implications of the school being identified.

The QCA has informed us that our SATS levels have to be withheld from publication. The person who rang the school to say so refused to answer, or did not know the answer to why, that is all we know, in the last few days nothing more has come to light. The head is long term sick, but was here when the SATS were done.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

This is making no sense. The SATs (I know but everyone calls them SATs and has done so for the last 21 years) are a written exam taken usually during the first bank holiday week in May for KS3 and the week after for KS2.

KS3 SATs were dumped a couple of years back after that American company made such a pigs ear of them. So no-ones results at KS3 get reported. Last time I looked around 75% of schools still do KS2 SATs.

Teacher assessments are carried out as and when and are just sent out to parents. QCA has never been bothered with teacher assessments and apparently now QCA does not exist!

10. DM

DM New commenter

11. markuss

IF somebody rang about "SATS" (/ess ay tee ess/? or was it /ess ay teez/?) then that somebody was talking rubbish and you've been hoaxed.
    Unless this thread is a hoax! ("when the SATS were done" makes no sense whatsoever).

12. We are now allowed to issue our results to parents. We are told there was "no fault". The head teacher is back, but has announced her immediate retirement! Don't know what it was all about, but it seems to be over.