1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs results 2015

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tully34, Jul 5, 2015.

1. tully34

tully34 New commenter

Anyone else feeling nervous? I've got a serious case of the butterflies going on which I don't think is going to end until the results are here....

2. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

Not long now. Is there a set time they're due out do you know?

3. tully34

tully34 New commenter

I've only done it once before but I remember staying up late last year and I think they were released at around midnight. I hope it's the same this year as I don't think I can wait much longer.

4. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

Yes. I stay up late. Always nervous. Interested to see what the thresholds will be.

Good luck everyone.

5. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Established commenter

I'm sure the thresholds came out when it was still daylight last year. I'll probably be logging on to the NCA Website on and off this evening to check whether the results are released early but it'll probably be tomorrow morning - at which point the site will, no doubt, crash!

6. I remember the thresholds being earlier last year. Just logged on and thought they were live as it had changed slightly but nope still closed.

7. AdrienneKing

AdrienneKing New commenter

Yeah....thought it was about 10pm last year. Very nervous here.....

8. cassandramark2

I'm hoping for very few borderlines, given the recent thread about problems with online marking. The prospect of trawling through scripts is somewhat unappealing!

9. Alena

Alena New commenter

Shall we play a little game of 'Guess The Level Thresholds' tonight whilst we wait?

10. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I reckon reading will be 19 L4 and 33L5

Maths 45L4 78L5 and SPAG I couldn't even guess!

11. Alena

Alena New commenter

I would go 19 reading too. Maths 48 and 79. Spag 42 and 57

12. Alena

Alena New commenter

And 34 for level 5 reading

13. I think they'll be the same as last year. NCA tools page is changing! Pupils results page is open but results 'not available to download yet!'

14. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

Need a favour from the 'threshold gods' this year. Please around 42 for SPAG level 4 and maybe 47-50 for Numeracy Level 4. Will have so many children around these borderlines.

15. poet

poet New commenter

50 for maths level 4? Lord I hope not.

I think 18 level 4 reading and 35 level 5

Maths 48 and 78

SPAG who knows. I'd say perhaps a 43 and a 58?

16. cassandramark2

I hope your plea to the 'threshold gods' is successful. Our one and only returned script was for a severely dyslexic boy who only scored 8 on the spelling but was awarded 43 overall for the SPAG papers.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for the same (or slightly lower) threshold for L6 maths. And, despite having several L6 writers (moderated by the LA), I would be ecstatic if any of our readers were awarded L6.

17. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

In terms of the L6, I think the 8/32 that were entered did well and think that 6 have a realistic chance, as long as the thresholds aren't much higher than 33.

As for reading we have had one returned (L6) who got 17, he wasn't one of the better ones, but it was very strict/harsh marking i thought. Never hopeful of L6 readers, would fall off my chair if we got any! Good luck everybody.

18. Apparently NCA has changed to 'open tomorrow' - anyone else noticed this?

19. rachelplatt

rachelplatt New commenter

hmmmm, does this mean midnight?