1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATS Pressure

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Normandie, May 8, 2011.

1. At the secondary school where I work we have a countdown clock on the computers and the TV screens to the 2012 Olympics. My Y6 daughter came home and told me before Easter that they have a countdown clock on their whiteboard. I asked her if it was an Olympic countdown clock - she replied "no mum, we're counting down to the SATS". Not impressed, not happy - unbelievable!

2. Nor would I be

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

yeap...such is the idiocy which is SAT's.
    One day we will see that it is one of the most detrimental things that any goverment has imposed upon our education system .May it die quickly.and rest in peace
    You always have the option to keep your children off school during that week ,screws the figures, but means your child doesnt have to suffere such things!

4. Keeping off that week doesn't really make much difference - it's the rest of the year that causes the problems.