1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs papers returned

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rachaelturner, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Good morning!

I was just wondering will SATS papers be returned to schools before the results are released next Tuesday?

2. Anders

Anders New commenter

I was just going to post the same question.

I have read somewhere that they would be sent back by on the 6th of July but I have also read somewhere that they will viewed online and only sent back if they were unable to be scanned.

So I hope someone can help us? Last few years I had them back a week early.

3. DeputyDawg11

DeputyDawg11 New commenter

As far as I'm aware there won't be any papers returned to schools at all. All the papers have been scanned and markers have marked them electronically. Schools will be able to access the results and online papers on 7th July.

4. We got a handful back today which couldn't be scanned (printed on yellow paper) and had to be marked by hand.

I assume, therefore, that those which can be scanned will not be returned.

Hope so! Saves the issue of storing them in school for x years!

But means we cannot search through them in the desperate hope of finding a few extra marks!

BH

5. Anders

Anders New commenter

Indeed - I also had a few papers returned to school that could not be scanned.

6. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

That's right, you'll only get back the ones that wouldn't scan. I'll be interested to see how the scanned ones look online as markers only got individual pages not whole scripts.