1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATS marking

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Pauline27, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Does anyone know where I apply to do Key Stage 2 SATS marking please?
    Regards Pauline

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The HT will need to know of any paid activity which may conflict with the teacher's paid employment as a teacher. For example, where internal tests or examinations take place at the same time as SATs and need to be marked. Where does the teacher's priority lie? With external marking or with internal marking when both have similar deadlines.
    Also to avoid potential professional misdemeanour. For example, a teacher who is a SATs marker has 'flu and calls in sick. If the teacher decides that since they are not in school they may as well spend the time marking SATs papers, they will lay themselves open to disciplinary action. It is not possible to be on sick leave from teaching employment while at the same time undertaking other paid employment such as marking papers. The teacher needs to be given this type of information by the HT, so it is best to ask first.

3. Thanks for the reply nomad.[​IMG]

4. I just went through the whole application process (having been a maths and english marker in the past) and they only offered reading in the end - dont know if this means they only have english ks2 places left? thought this may help someone.

5. sorry i meant they only offered ks2 *english*, not reading!!

6. Does anyone know how much you earn from SATS marking? Is it worthwhile or just a pain in the neck?

7. How do you go about becoming a SATs marker? I've just started doing some supply and was wondering if it's worthwhile marking SATs for a change from the norm?? The link posted above doesn't work so any help you can give would be very helpful!

8. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Contracts have already been offered for this year, but you can apply on Edexcels website usually. You need to start looking from about October for the 2013 papers.