1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sats marking 2020

Discussion in 'Primary' started by phatsals, Dec 20, 2019.

1. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Anyone else had their contract? £89 seems very low for the training day or have I mis-remembered?

2. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

Not even had a reply

Juliet6079 likes this.
  3. MSL7

MSL7 New commenter

New to SATS marking... would notification/communication be sent via personal email or through the examining body’s portal?

4. phatsals

Both, ie an email to tell you to log in.

MSL7 likes this.
  5. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

I've had mine too and, yes, £89 is a drop from last year! I think it was about £125 last year for the training day. The marking rate also seems a lot lower. Welcome to Capita!

6. phatsals

I thought so, it said it includes 12.5% holiday pay which means it's £80 for training. I assume that includes standardisation as well. It's not looking like a very tempting offer is it.

7. jodiegraham

jodiegraham New commenter

Hi, I’ve applied for the first time this year. I received an email - please see attachment but haven’t heard anything yet?

Attached Files:

8. phatsals

They may be just recruiting from the existing pool first, then open up to new markers. They'll be in touch.

9. MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk New commenter

My partner and I applied this year but haven't heard anything back from them at all, not even a confirmation that we HAD applied. Is anyone else in a similar position? We were probably one of the first people to apply in November - pity if neither of us got a chance.

10. MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk New commenter

Never mind, we've got our login now and can go into the portal which is good - fingers crossed for a contract now!