1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sats marking 2019

Discussion in 'Primary' started by icklkatie69, Jan 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kirsty_minter

kirsty_minter New commenter

Are travel/ hotel costs reimbursed?

2. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

You have to book them through Capita travel and events. Took me ages finding it, but their link is on the Edexcel gateway page under something like 'administration'. I booked my rail tickets with them.

3. kpedmonds1

kpedmonds1 New commenter

I didn't receive my ePEN password and emailed the helpline. They asked me to phone them and they gave me a password over the phone.

4. Clowella999

Clowella999 New commenter

Hi, thinking if applying to mark next year - Maths. How does it work? Do you Mark all 3 papers for given schools or 1 paper for several schools?? Also how much time is given to get marking done? Are you under a lot of pressure to take time to pick up anomalies etc across a schools paper's or can you get through at speed? I can mark at speed and have a good memory for answers but I'm not sure if I'm trying to be aware of lots of other things on top or switching from one paper to another. If that makes sense! Advice/thoughts appreciated!

5. priyanka4liverpoolfc

priyanka4liverpoolfc New commenter

You only get given certain questions to mark so you never end up marking a whole paper.

6. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

It's likely to change next year anyway when Capita take over from Pearson.

7. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

All gone a bit quiet on here!

8. carlymc83

carlymc83 New commenter

Does anyone know when we will be told how much we will be getting paid, and when we are likely to be paid?

9. lucylollipop

I got paid £134 for the training day; received that on 19 June.
    Just had a look at ADP and we are getting paid on 3 July for marking. Am a bit disappointed tbh…. it's not as much as the contract stated ( although it did state 'approximately').

10. lucylollipop

And I did a bit of extra marking too!

11. louise21

louise21 New commenter

Did any of you teach full time and do it? Am I mad for considering it?