1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sats marking 2019

Discussion in 'Primary' started by icklkatie69, Jan 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. icklkatie69

icklkatie69 New commenter

Hi all,
    I’ve had an email confirming that I am on the reading markers pool this year and that I am to wait and see if I am offered a contract. I just wondered how likely or how soon a new marker might expect to hear what’s happening from anyone’s previous experience?
    Thanks!

2. fourleafclover

fourleafclover New commenter

When did you get the email? I'm hoping to mark the grammar again this year but I wasn't able to do it last year so I'm wondering if I've been taken off the list!

3. icklkatie69

Confirmation of appointment was 9th January and said contracts would start going out in January, just wondered what the likelihood of getting one would be as no idea how many people do it. It also said you would stay on the register for 2 years. When was the last time you did it?

4. helenemdee

helenemdee Occasional commenter

I know it's no help but I wish I could mark SATs. I've been told I'd be turned down if I applied because I am a supply teacher and haven't had a regular teaching job for a while. Ironic that supply teachers are probably the people who need the extra money the most and also are likely to have more time available to devote to it!

5. fourleafclover

fourleafclover New commenter

I last marked in 2017 so hopefully I'll get an email soon. That's weird helenemdee, like you said you would have more time to devote to it. I would apply anyway and see what happens.

6. icklkatie69

Can’t hurt to apply! Although I have a feeling the applications may have closed now unfortunately. Fingers crossed and eyes peeled I think

7. Kinhell

Kinhell New commenter

As long as you have taught in a primary school and are a qualified teacher you will be able to mark test papers. Probably late for this year but should be eligible for next year.

8. fairy78

fairy78 New commenter

Was sent mine yesterday for Spag. Have marked for the last five years.

9. Thongy1

Thongy1 New commenter

Looks like I'm not getting one again - 2 years in a row now.

10. amymccann91

amymccann91 New commenter

I have received my first contract this morning.

11. am8rt1n

am8rt1n New commenter

For which paper? I've applied for maths and awaiting my first contract.

12. sarahlouxx

sarahlouxx New commenter

Hmm. Jobs don’t tend to go for those who need it most though.

13. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

I received my contract for marking GPS on 14 Feb.

14. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

I've marked reading for a few years now, got my contract a few weeks into January

15. MikeTheKnight1

MikeTheKnight1 New commenter

Have the vacancies gone now? Can’t see anything for KS2 on the Pearson website.

Guess I’m too slow this year!

16. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

Yes, think it was December for new markers

17. MikeTheKnight1

MikeTheKnight1 New commenter

Ah, cheers!

Will get in nice and early for the next round!

18. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

I received mine for Maths last week. I didn't mark last year so wondered if I'd been taken off their list (even though I shouldn't have been), maybe they're just running slightly later this year. I can't decide whether to mark or not...