1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs marking 2017

Discussion in 'Primary' started by phatsals, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

And are markers allowed to have a bit of a moan or grumble? - Yes. Just like any other person. Just because someone has a moan about a system doesn't mean they don't want to do it. Perhaps class teachers who don't like book scrutinies should also not apply because they don't like aspects of the job - this is your argument. Are you also posting on other threads of people moaning telling them not to do the job because they applied for it - it's self inflicted? You make me laugh.

2. D1p5t1ck

D1p5t1ck New commenter

I'm glad I do-makes a change from moaning

3. fourleafclover

fourleafclover New commenter

Just wondering if any other markers have recieved their grade?! I've not heard anything yet and wondered if it normally took this long? I've been paid etc I'm just curious to see what I was graded as!

4. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

You're in for a long wait: grades don't usually come through until October - November.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

What they said!

6. fourleafclover

fourleafclover New commenter

Ah right ok!! Thanks for that, I thought I'd missed something!

7. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

It's obviously much earlier this year: grades are now available on the Hub.

8. stevie83uk

stevie83uk New commenter

Does anybody know if the KS1 SATs or 11 plus are marked by an examiners? I’ve applied for KS2 ones just wondering about others x

9. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Neither are.
    11+ by the school's setting them and KS1 by teachers in the school

nomad and stevie83uk like this.
  10. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

There is no such thing as 'the' 11+, it appears in a few different guises...

In counties where the LA sets an areas-wide '11+', the papers are marked by the LA. This is, in the LAs I know at least, now completed largely by machine anyway.

Where children sit an entry exam for a specific school (sometimes called 11+), the papers are marked by the school or whoever they contracted to arrange the assessment.

11. matteo3127

matteo3127 New commenter

Hi! Are you saying that you have applied to be a KS2 SATs marker for 2018? I have checked the Pearson website and nothing is up yet..

12. stevie83uk

stevie83uk New commenter

Yes it was it said closed 31st October but then when I went to apply it said it closed November 30th so it’s probably still there! X

13. matteo3127

matteo3127 New commenter

Where exactly do you go to apply?

14. lumpyloo

lumpyloo New commenter

15. stevie83uk

stevie83uk New commenter

Pearson website

16. ElizaMorrell

ElizaMorrell Occasional commenter

Having seen this thread, I'm well up for applying for this, but I'm working full time. Is it something that can be done around school hours or on weekends? From what I've read on here, I can't quite grasp the time commitment/work load.

17. robyja

robyja New commenter

The Pearson website (KS2 SATs) states that you need to be available to mark for up to 6 weeks during May/June. Can anyone confirm if this marking period allows the marker to mark at their convenience as long as papers are completed within that 6 week window/by a certain closing date? Just trying to establish if I can fit a week's holiday in at the end of May and make up for that week during the overall timeframe...haven't applied before!

18. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

It's a very tight schedule, training day Saturday after tests, standardise Sunday then start live marking by Tuesday. You have to complete a certain percentage by the end of the 1st week, I think about 65%. In short, it's pretty full on and virtually done and dusted within 2 weeks.

19. aim130

aim130 New commenter

Hi all, who is marking this year? I'm a newbie and just wondering what will happen first? Do I just need to keep a look out for e-mails? I've only accepted my contract so far.

20. lollypop10

lollypop10 New commenter