1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs marking 2017

Discussion in 'Primary' started by phatsals, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

Do you mark full papers? I do reading..

I've found out that last year I did nearly 19000 qu's but this year it's been just over 28000. With the reading you only mark certain questions not full papers. It would be nice to know how it's all worked out (how many questions you get and how this equates to the marking fee)

2. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

I don't mark full papers, but there are more items from the papers and more papers overall. Like you I'd like to know about the fees but have been given the runaround.

3. Wanderer007

Wanderer007 New commenter

Type 1 maths markers had an allocation of over 1200....but Pearson have released markers' allocations before this Friday's deadline!!

Not a happy bunny.

4. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

5. reddevil

How can you tell that this has happened? I haven't noticed anything.

6. NoIdeaWhy2

NoIdeaWhy2 New commenter

Nothing been released on my system either. It's normally a complete free for all!

7. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

I know my TL had more items allocated to her two days ago.

8. NoIdeaWhy2

NoIdeaWhy2 New commenter

Yes, I was asked to mark more of a certain question 2 days ago too, but that's not the same as a general release of allocation

9. hqamar

hqamar New commenter

Hello, where can I go to to gain qualifications for marking KS2 tests? I keep being diverted to several different websites but none of them give me a clear answer. Someone let me know please!
    Thanks!

10. hqamar

hqamar New commenter

Can someone direct me to the company/ training provider they used?

11. fourleafclover

fourleafclover New commenter

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/key-stage-2-tests-how-to-become-a-marker I don't think you can apply for next year until November.

This has been my first time marking this year and I have been marking the GPS paper. I have met all my deadlines and had worked out how much I needed to mark each day however, what I didn't appreciate is that if other people mark faster than you they end up taking your marking? I can no longer mark some items despite not having marked my 100%. It's frustrating especially as many people started marking before our group were given the go ahead.

Wanderer007 likes this.
  12. Wanderer007

I'm stopped from marking questions that shows 100% completion by item under the progress tab on epen. I met all deadlines. Also my team leader confirmed this by email. It's the long multipication questions on paper 1, question 19 on paper 2 and questions 20 & 22 on paper 3. Try marking those questions, and see for yourself.

13. reddevil

I just tried all of those and it doesn't give me anymore to mark.

Wanderer007 likes this.
  14. reddevil

Reading your post again, maybe you meant these are the ones that are finished?

Wanderer007 likes this.
  15. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I was accepted to be a marker for Maths this year but my services have not been called upon.

Maybe next year:rolleyes:

16. Wanderer007

Yep, they're fully marked nationally, and the 1200+ allocation wasn't protected by Pearson before this Friday's deadline. So if you've paced yourself, and marked evenly - you're at a disadvantage.

17. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Yes, I did the same, marked evenly, paced myself, made only one error (and that was the other night when I realised they had closed many of the questions) Looking at it I have actually only done 75% I passed on two days work in order to spend it marking so I have lost out twice.

18. D1p5t1ck

D1p5t1ck New commenter

I'm sorry but all of you with moans and groans are perpetuating a system that impacts upon childrens mental health and the curriculum they receive all for your own financial gain. If your a little peeved then don't agree to being a marker-simples!

19. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

Don't talk rubbish. Maybe everyone who disagrees with something at work should just quit their job. Maybe all teachers who disagree with sats should refuse to let pupils do them. Oh no that hasn't happened. Are the teachers perpetuating the system too? If I remember rightly you said the same thing last year.

20. D1p5t1ck

D1p5t1ck New commenter

Yes I did-markers apply for the job, get paid for it and then come on forums moaning about increase in papers to mark, delays, workload etc. This is self inflicted-if you do not like aspects of it then do not apply.
    Let's look at bigger society picture-kids educational entitlement being narrowed, mental health issues in children on the increase, schools in challenging areas struggling to attract and appoint leaders due to nature of high stakes Sats testing-not I've got an extra hundred papers to mark for same fee as last year!
    Our education system is in crisis, our kids are suffering because of it and unless we do something about it, nothing will change!