1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs marking 2017

Discussion in 'Primary' started by phatsals, Feb 16, 2017.

1. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Just click until it's familiar, there is no end

2. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

It should be the latter.

3. NicJ

NicJ New commenter

This is probably a ridiculous question... but do you have to wear smartish stuff to training on Saturday or are people in jeans?!

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I wore shorts and a t-shirt last year. I don't wear anything else on a Saturday. Everyone was fairly casual.

5. NicJ

NicJ New commenter

Thanks!

6. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

It's not smart, although a few people might be. It's always been a mix where I've been. I wear jeans.

7. rachel1985

rachel1985 New commenter

I had to miss the training today due to a serious family illness does anyone know what happens? I've emailed but had no response.

Rachel

8. srb94

srb94 New commenter

In the middle of marking here Does anybody know how they grade us at the end - does it all depend on validity errors? This is my first time marking maths and want to get a good grade so I can possibly do it again next year
    Thank you!

9. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I got graded excellent last year (it didn't come through for months though) and made a few mistakes.

10. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

<removed>

11. istabraq

istabraq New commenter

How's the SATs marking going? When do you guys need to be finished by?

12. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

The grading depends on a few factors from what I'm aware - vi errors, communication, meeting deadlines, completing your marking etc..

There are 4 grades something like excellent, very good, good, unsatisfactory (something like that) and I read that if you were graded in the first 3 you were offered a contract the next year. Only the ones who got the bottom grade would not be, so unless you've had loads of errors and issues, you'll be fine.

13. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

Going well. I've read that it's been a high standard of marking this year and marking has to be finished by the end of this week.

14. cshanks

cshanks New commenter

Does anyone know when the training fee is paid? Thanks

15. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

Last year, I think i was paid it all at the same time - mid June

16. cshanks

cshanks New commenter

I was paid it over a 4 week period: training fee, then marking, extra marking then communication fee. Just can't remember when

17. phatsals

Has anyone else noticed far more scripts to mark this year - almost 50% more than last year?

18. srb94

srb94 New commenter

Have just finished maths marking today - such a relief and much more time consuming than I thought. Yes have made a few errors but have kept to the deadlines so will hopefully have done ok :)

19. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

I can't remember how many I marked last year. Have made a note of how many I marked this year and also written down all the times I marked, so I can work out exactly how long it's taken.

What subject have you marked Phatsals?

I would be interested to know how the amount we have to mark is decided! It seems like it could just be made up randomly...

20. phatsals

Maths. Last year it was just over 400 and this year nearly 600. I only realised when I looked back at last years pay slip. I rang the helpdesk and was told there were fewer markers this year so more marking but I can't get confirmation from anywhere.