1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs marking 2017

Discussion in 'Primary' started by phatsals, Feb 16, 2017.

1. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

Has anyone had their contract yet?

lrw22 likes this.
  2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I got an email a couple of days ago with a contract. I won't be doing it this year.

3. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Not yet.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I have.

Just about every payment has been reduced.

5. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

I've got the email but as I've been away with limited internet access so not looked at it yet.

6. reddevil

Oops, should have read it before I posted..."as I've been away I've not looked at it yet"

I've accepted mine now.

7. ellephantf

ellephantf New commenter

Got offered mine but my twins are due in May so have had to reject it on the grounds that I may be a tad busy :D

Norsemaid, bevdex and Lalad like this.
  8. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Me too.

@ellephantf Congratulations - sounds much more exciting than marking!

bevdex likes this.
  9. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

What subjects are people marking this year?

10. ellephantf

ellephantf New commenter

Hehe thanks!!!

Lalad likes this.
  11. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

KS2 GPS - once you have been marking a particular paper for a number of years, it becomes more difficult to switch to another subject.

12. NoIdeaWhy2

NoIdeaWhy2 New commenter

Got mine last week. Must admit I didn't read it thoroughly as I was off on holiday.
    KS2 Maths

13. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

Can anyone give an indication of the pay? Is there a standard rate or is it dependent on the applicant? Thanks

14. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

Not doing it this year, less money than previous years.
    GPS used to get over a £1000 for whole papers last year about £780 ish for selected questions.

Spiritwalkerness likes this.
  15. reddevil

I'm KS2 Maths. From what I can see I'll get about the same as last year overall...between £1000-£1200. Does anyone know if it's a short marking period like last year again?

16. Landofla

That spunds good to me...depending on the number of papers. How many papers for a grand? A thousand? Seems a bit excessive. Don't know if I could make that much. A pound a paper is alright

17. reddevil

It's not quite as straightforward as that as you don't mark whole papers. I was a type 1 marker last year and marked approximately 42,000 questions.

18. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I'll do it again this year but I too noticed a big drop in money from the previous years

19. Landofla

@reddevil how many questions on how many papers? How many papers is key. They are only recruiting for the KS2 Reading test now so would that mean only marking part of it? It makes more sense to just mark the whole paper. Thanks

20. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Reading markers come in two categories. Type 1 and Type 2. Very simplistically, the Type 1's mark the 3 mark questions and are paid slightly more.
    The very simplistic 'draw a line' type answers are marked internally rather than by markers.