1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs markers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DFC, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon New commenter

Another 5 packets arrived today. I'd put off showering as didn't want to miss the Parcel Force man while I was in the shower, but had given up waiting by about 2pm, then, just as I was about to jump into the shower, literally, along came the van!

Anyway, that just leaves 2 schools in my allocation to go, so I am hopeful. I must say have been very impressed with the scripts so far this year; so far I've not had one pupil absent or dis-applied on any of the mark-sheets, scripts have all been sorted nicely into alphabetical order, and not one paper missing. I haven't had to fill out one TS1 card so far! I wonder if stricter instructions have been issued to schools regarding the packaging up and sending of scripts, because last year it all seemed far more disorganised and I had to chase up loads of missing bits.

2. Dunno what ParcelForce have been doing with mine but mine have showed up looking like they've been put through the wringer or something (thankfully scripts intact but packaging worse for wear).

3. I have received less than half a third of my allocation... English. I'm thinking I might have lots of boycotting schools!

4. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

It might just be that schools haven't posted them all out yet! Hope to get mine soon (maths)

5. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

You can check if schools in your allocation have boycotted on line. The box for confirming receipt of scripts is disabled if the school hasn't done the tests.
    I would personally like to thank the school which did so for sending me <u>all</u> their unopened test papers and an untouched mark sheet.
    [​IMG]

6. How thoughtful. At least you'll get to send them all back in a few weeks time...

7. gruoch

I rang the marker helpline. Seems to be the first (only?) school to have done this. The lady on the end of the phone was very confused!

8. We've sent ours off, Literacy to Lowestoft, Maths to Manchester, so if you happen to be marking in those areas, hope you're in a good mood!

9. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

I decided not to mark this year and informed them quite a while ago. I have now had a phone call to say that scripts are on their way from a school. I got my o/h to phone his mum straight away to tell her not to accept them when they come so that (hopefully) they will go straight back.
    However, when she gets scripts for him, they often get left in the hallway of her flats. I'm just hoping the rest of the schools I would have been getting aren't on their way also. Very annoying when I tried my best to give them plenty of notice so this wouldn't happen.
    I'm allowed to say this as I am not under contract. I don't understand what the problem is with that as this thread was very helpful last year and if there are blips, why should they be kept undercover? What are`they scared of?

10. They just leave the papers in a public hallway? :eek:
    I have an absolute nightmare trying to get hold of my scripts because they're so particular about the whole system - and I understand why they are. Just seems ridiculous that I have such a hard time when others are just left in the hallway.
    Hope you get it sorted!

11. moonpenny

Thanks! He does 'A' level sociology but I've had scripts left with neighbours before. I always hated the getting all the scripts bit ! I will probably get shot for saying this but the smoothest delivery was when ETS sent them in one box , although I realise I was in a minority.[​IMG]
    I know these things happen but I always feel sorry for the class teachers and kids who have scripts in danger of being misplaced. I would feel a sense of responsibility to get them back but I am not surprised things go wrong when they can't get a simple thing like this right, especially with plenty of advance warning.
    I'm sure we'll sort it somehow!
    I can't believe I'm here moaning again and I'm not even involved this year.

12. One of my A'level exams got lost somewhere and it caused me no end of heartache (all very complicated). For that reason I'm glad that they're so careful about delivering scripts but when I'm making repeated trips from the post office to the car park carrying them I always have a little moan :)

13. gruoch

If mine don't get signed for the Parcel Force person takes'em away. KS2 and A2

14. moonpenny

I thought I had ihe delivery side of things sorted this year as I had arranged to get them delivered to my OH's mum, who is at home most of the time, and then I decided not to do it. I remember last year I missed most of them the first time so had to keep going back to the post office depot as well.
    I hope it all goes smoothly this year for everyone.

15. inq

inq

My first 3 school's papers were delivered today, Parcelforce left a card. When I went to pick them up they were brilliant, they've taken my phone numebr and will phone when others arrive and won't try and deliver them, they also offered me the chance to have them re-delivered somewhere else if I prefered. They said they realise that teachers tend to be at work and Edexecel have authorised these arrangements.

16. Does anyone know when this year's thresholds will be announced?

17. It says on the QCDA site: Level threshold tables for 2010 will be available on this page (http://www.qcda.gov.uk/assessment/3880.aspx) from Tuesday 6 July 2010.
    This does seem much later than in previous years!
    Hope this helps!

18. Could any markers give us an idea of when YOU think schools might see a return of their National Curriculum Test papers?
    Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

19. Typhoon

Typhoon New commenter

Tiggermet, all marking needs to be completed by Sunday this week, then, once our team leaders have authorised us to do so, we can start booking our Parcelforce collections of scripts from next week onwards - Tuesday or Wednesday I believe. There's quite a large window to allow markers to book a collection time which suits them (a week or 10 days I think) but I believe that scripts are scheduled to be arrive back in schools on 6th July. (/p)

20. elt92

elt92 New commenter

Was anyone else due to receive a payment yesterday, but didnt? Ive received an invoice for a payment i was meant to recieve yesterday but nothing went into the bank.
    Emma