1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs markers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DFC, Jan 9, 2009.

1. DFC

DFC New commenter

Has anyone had correspondence from NAA re applying to become a marker for 2009?

2. DFC

DFC New commenter

Has anyone had correspondence from NAA re applying to become a marker for 2009?

3. inq

inq

I had a letter saying that my marking was fine last year so they are passing my name on to whoever for next year unless I contact them to say I don't want to.

4. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Same here!

5. Looks like we have lift off... Edexcel are sending contracts out this week.

6. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Ooh, really? Fingers crossed then! I need the money to pay my MA fees each year - not sure what I'd do if I didn't get the exam marking gig lol

7. I also got that letter, but with last years fiasco of me getting a contract then not getting papers or anything I wonder if anything will ever come of it?

8. Has anyone heard from Edexcel yet?

9. I've had an e mail saying that they are doing everything electronically this year ( Oh No! )

and I should receive a contract offer by e mail in the next two weeks.

Am I brave enough to accept the offer this year? I'm thinking about it.

10. Ditto. I really NEED the work (well, the money) this year, so am keeping my fingers crossed!

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

i applied to do it but have heard nothing since other than an email aknowledging my application.
    i did hear a rumour that there might not be any ks2 sats after next year..........something about arranging timetables so that they no longer have to take account f sat?

12. Has anyone heard anything?
    Has anyone got a contact email? (I had the letter but think I threw it away! oops)

13. Yes, I had a letter and two emails. Having experienced last year, can't say I'm falling over myself in the rush to sign up.

14. I had a phone call (12.01.09) to confirm some details and the man said the contracts would be sent out that week and I have now had the same email as Topaz about contracts being emailed to us in the next couple of weeks. Lets hope they have abolished the ridiculous benchmarking for this year.

15. Knilb or sal, who was your email from? Can I have the address so I can email them please?

16. Good luck - let us know how you get on if you have time.

?

17. Sorry - did a cut and paste of the address and it did not come out in my last post!

NCTdeployment@edexcel.org.uk

18. I received email and password to edexcelgateway site, spoke to lovely lady who answered the phone and dealt with my query then gave me a reference number for my call. I logged onto the site and all my details are there from 2 years ago so looking ok

19. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Hmm... well I've not heard anything other than the letter ages ago so I have just sent them an email so we'll see what happens!

20. I got my team leader contract sent today, they are normally sent out before the markers
    contracts so markers should hear in the next week