1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs level 3

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by coffee-breff, Jul 17, 2015.

1. coffee-breff

coffee-breff New commenter

Hi

I'm looking for some guidance if anyone can help please?

I know pupils that arrive next year in year 7 with a level 3 in their SATs will have to redo the SATs. Does anyone know anymore details? Is it just a one off resit? Is it in May? What happens if they don't get a level 4? etc etc

Thanks

CB

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

It will be one-off, it will happen in the Spring or Summer, and of course from next year it won't be Level 3 (or 4c) anyway, it will be below a given threshold on the scaled assessments. But secondary schools have been given no info about this, and I don't expect we will be until the last minute, so March 2017 probably.

Adam

3. coffee-breff

coffee-breff New commenter

4. Andy.Pipkin

Andy.Pipkin New commenter

I make them redo it in September anyway, that way we get some idea of what the kids can actually do, rather than what they got "assisted" to achieve in Primary...

And we give them an old KS3 NCT at the end of the year, to see if we have taught them anything new. Often, the answer is "no".

Ah, well, it's only Maths, everyone knows it's a pointless subject :)

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

I know, of course, that I'm not the only one who is riled by the misnomer "SATs", which is just idle and ignorant slang in this context, but still very glad to see your "Note to Mods", Andy.