1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs intervention

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dewan_c, Jan 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM.

1. dewan_c

dewan_c New commenter

Hi guys, what are the best practices for SATs intervention? I’m starting tomorrow as an intervention teacher and I was wondering what duties are included in my job role?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

'Duties' will differ widely from school to school. 'If they haven't provided you with a diagnostic breakdown of where the major input needs to go, that needs to be your first task. Then you can start to plan how many lessons are needed and start to gather resources together.

sunshineneeded likes this.
  3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

The class teacher(s) will have a very clear picture of gaps and will already have groups for you in mind. You'll need to meet with them and, with their input, will be able to start planning your lessons to close the gaps. I'm doing a lot of it at the moment - mainly Maths, but some SPAG and reading groups as well. Good luck with your new job.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Teach them arithmetic and practice reading comprehension tasks. Job done.