1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATs analysis

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hogarthasso, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hogarthasso

hogarthasso New commenter

Being new to Year 6, can anyone tell me the most efficient way to analyse Y6 SATs papers for gap anaylsis etc.

2. TheBigPickle

TheBigPickle New commenter

The dashboad, which comes out in November, will give you an indepth analysis of priorities. You might also want to look at this year's papers and see if you can identify issues which might be whole school.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

For past papers I have created a range of spreadsheets. Feel free to email me for copies.

4. hogarthasso

hogarthasso New commenter

Thank you. That would be great. Do you literally have to trawl through each paper on the NCA website?

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

In the dim n distant days when I was maths coordinator , there was nothing better at knowing the gaps in pupil understanding than looking at the actual papers , as thebigpickle said . It's not enough to know that 3 pupils answered q. 8 correctly, you need to know why. This was really revealing when I took on the coordinator role.