1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SATS 2013

Discussion in 'Primary' started by PEmonkey, Sep 14, 2012.

1. PEmonkey

PEmonkey New commenter

Hi,

I may have missed the memo, but what has happened to the writing tests in ks2. last year moderation was used and this year it seems to have vanished from the DFE site. In fact looking at the timetable i'm not sure where yu'd fit it in!...

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/b00208296/ks2_2013/writing_2013
    To my eyes it looks like reading, SPAG and maths with a chance of science ... is there anyone out that who can confirm or deny any of this?

2. zugthebug

zugthebug New commenter

Definitely no science this year, going biennial in 2014. Writing is teacher assessment only but don't know if they are providing a task to do too like key stage 1. Also you have to submit teacher assessments before test papers are back

3. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

What you'll absolutely, definitely, no chance otherwise, find is that KS2 has never had any SATS, however you spell it (other than the correct "NCTs").

4. Delphi

Delphi New commenter

From the Standards and Testing Agency:
    "More detailed sample materials will be available to schools in December 2012, however, some illustrative examples of the types of questions children will encounter are included later in this document for your information."
    Do they proof read this stuff?

5. PEmonkey

PEmonkey New commenter

Huge help! I'm aware 'sats' don't exist, but you do know what I'm on about?

6. PEmonkey

PEmonkey New commenter

Science sats are going ahead this year but only for a select few. As for writing moderation there is no reference to it or writing anywhere, but I'm sure it'll be like last year. Although how they'll come up with an overall English mark will be interesting now that we have a new SPAG test. And looking at the timetable god help any poor child who'll be sitting all of the level 6 papers... They'll have 3 full days of testing!

Does anyone know if the SPAG test will be used as an accountability measure or will we be given a years grace to get our heads round it?

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

The ARA will be published later this month so perhaps it's best to wait until then

8. Hello to all,
    KS2 English will be assessed by the following:
    1) Reading test (external)
    2) Writing composition - teacher assessment only (this will include looking at grammar and punctuation within the composition).
    3) Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Test (external) and handwriting subject to the technical pre-test.
    There is NO writing shorter and longer task this year, as this has been replaced by the above tests/teacher assessments.
    The ARA has already been published on the DfE website and is easy to find by searching:
    'Assessment and Reporting Arrangements Key Stage 2 2013'
    I hope this helps. Sweety

9. Msz

Msz Established commenter

10. PEmonkey

PEmonkey New commenter

11. I'm disappointed that the level 6 tests have been timetabled for the afternoons. Thats going to be very tiring for the children taking them.

12. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of last years level 6 tests? We didn't enter any children for them but I would like to see how easy / hard they were.