1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Satnav?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MisterFlibble, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Apart from now being worried Seren is my mum in disguise (mum once lost the A1 while driving on it, went through Leeds centre and came back out onto the A1)... I bought a TomTom One a few years back when the old supply method of a printed out routeplanner and A-Z balanced on my knee was stressing me out on a morning. It's been fantastic for me - starting to show its age now in terms of the charge the battery will hold (only a factor if you drive a gereatric rustheap like mine with no cigarette lighter charge socket) and it needs a heavy set of map updates since they've changed a lot of the roads around here so I may well consider replacing it sooner or later (none of the road changes have been a massive hardship - they're all junctions I already knew so I just drive through the sat-nav deadspot though).
    It does have an utter obsession for trying to send me on the M1 at any possible opportunity - it would send me on the M1 to the local Tesco if it could possibly manage it. I hate the M1 and thus have animated arguments with the voice of it at times.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Hasn't TomTom One got an 'avoid motorways' option in the Preferences? You could also try setting it to shortest route as opposed to fastest, which is always good for a laugh.