1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SAT Attack Maths Teacher's Guide - anyone selling this book??

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by anon331, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Just wondered if anyone has got a copy of the SAT Attack Maths Teacher's Guide that they don't need? I'm taking over tutoring a boy and that's what him and his old tutor have been working through. Seems good but I could do without buying a new one if possible!

2. Just wondered if anyone has got a copy of the SAT Attack Maths Teacher's Guide that they don't need? I'm taking over tutoring a boy and that's what him and his old tutor have been working through. Seems good but I could do without buying a new one if possible!

3. Currently a mere £30 on Amazon...

4. I've seen it but to be honest, £30 doesn't sound 'mere' to me at the moment!

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

If you have the pupil workbook the teachers guide isn't much use IMHO - just usu your common sense as to how to help the child answer the questions!

6. I was wondering that to be honest. I was just looking through it and could quite easily think how I'd teach it, what games to do with him and stuff. The difficult bit though is the mental maths bit at the top, it's not actually obvious what they all are without having the teachers guide!

7. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Just skip that and do your own questions - they're not wonderfully written questions - you can find KS2 mental tests on www.emaths.co.uk - ones at KS2 obviously would be suitable, but also level 3-5 KS3 tests are about 97% suitable and not something he would have seen before.