1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sari yarn - anyone used it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Jan 4, 2011.

1. This looks beautiful, but apparently can sag and is a bit of a pain to knit up. I thought I might have a go at a bag, have a simple pattern, just to see how it goes. Wondered if anyone else has used it and has any advice to offer, please?

2. To answer my own question I seem to have put a similar question on a couple of years ago, sorry. I have bought some yarn anyway, it looks lovely. Only upping this really in case any knitters were interested, it seems terribly self-indulgent and self-promoting. hate to change the habits of a lifetime.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It looks gorgeous and I'd love to hear how it knits.

4. It is coming from India, Lapin. I have ordered just a couple of skeins to see what it is like. I am sooo fed up of knitting hats, and if this works it will be lovely. I am planning to use a pattern from knitty, I will try to do a link.

5. http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTunbiased.html
    Is that it?

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

True but if the handles/strap are knitted from the sari yarn, they will give and stretch. You could reinforce them by interlining with tailor's canvas or a very strong vilene.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I found it lovely to knit if you keep it pretty tight.
    Made a bag a bit like this one without the tassels. Didn't need a pattern.
    [​IMG]