1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sarah Millican

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I note she is on TV yet again. I find her about as funny as................
    She has a regional accent and talks about periods. Wow!

2. I note she is on TV yet again. I find her about as funny as................
    She has a regional accent and talks about periods. Wow!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I like her. [​IMG]

4. We went to see here last year and no-one had heard of her.
    She was great, very funny and thanked us all for paying to come and see her [​IMG]

5. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

She's often on the News Quiz. There are moments in the the Sarah Millican's Advice Group or whatever it's called that are quite funny, although being a Lundunner I mostly found Simon Day's contributions made the programmes work better.
    I don't know whether any of you listened to the recent series Simon Day did as a range of comedians working in the Mallard Theatre. Absolutely brilliant.

6. We've seen her a few times on The Apprentice: You're Fired and she's very, very funny!

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I quite like her ....

8. me too [​IMG]

9. modelmaker

I think you have to take into account the comedy scene in Scotland is still in it's infancy. Gregor Fisher is well loved, but I think they're working hard to overcome the stereotyping.
    Terrible, isn't it, how we stereotype people? Entirely unreasonable. I'm going to wash my hair in the hope it eradicates any thought that our dear Rosie is in fact, Rab C Nesbits wife.

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

She's from SOUTH SHIELDS!!!!!!!!
    That's in England, by the way. [​IMG]

11. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I think she's really funny on The Apprentice - you've been fired. But her show on Radio 4 is a bit so-so.

12. I can't decide if this is a joke or not.

13. Me too.
    She can be wonderfully bitchy in a funny way.

14. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Em.... Billy Connoly, Ronnie, Corbett, Kevin Bridges, Frankie Boyle, Rory Bremner, Ford Kiernan, Greg Hemphill, Fred McAuley, Limmy, Daniel Sloss, Stanley Baxter...
    The entire Edinburgh Comedy Festival.......????

15. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

Armando Iannucci - if being an Italian Scot counts.

16. karentee

karentee New commenter

I can't stand her, i think that she feels she has to throw some random 'funny' comment injust because she's on the apprentice as a comedian, there's nothing clever about her 'comedy' As someone said, she has an accent and talks about periods!

17. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

I have seen her live, twice, here in Dubai.
    I think she is funny.[​IMG]

18. modelmaker

[​IMG]