1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sam's duck by Micheal Morpurgo

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Jun 1, 2009.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, I am needing this book for English in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any idea where I can get it? It's not available on amazon, ebay, waterstones or whsmith. It doesn't even appear on his own website!
    Can anyone give me any suggetions as to where it might be available? Do you have a copy I could buy off you?

Thank you

2. Joi

Joi New commenter

I had a look on ABE books for you, they are 2nd hand booksellers, but they only had the story in a rather expensive compliation of stories.
    Can I suggest your library, because they will be able to check around all your local libraries and if available order it for you to borrow.. (at least this is what my library does!)
    Looks like it is out of print. How annoying!

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Have you tried Amazon?

4. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Yes, that was my first stop. No joy. I tried the library and they have 1 copy, so I'm hot footing it down there!

5. Hi have you tried the book depository? www.bookdepository.co.uk I use them in preference to Amazon, free delivery, very reliable.
    I'm using this book for Y4 issues and dilemmas along with Colin Thompson's Live Forever book and Roald Dahl's Danny.

6. I have got it as a audio thing that I can email you - got it from somewhere that was giving that text with audio story free - found the link on here somewhere that promoted it.

http://www.imagesdoc.com/gammebox/adventure_video.jsp It was this company - Sams Duck was the free text they sent me

7. and you can download the audio version from there too

8. I used it from Hamilton Trust, think I've still got it saved on my stick - leave your email address & I will forward a copy

9. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

10. You have mail

11. Merlymoo,

Is there any possiblilty that you could mail me a copy too? I would be so grateful, I have been looking all over the internet, library etc. for this story and cannot find it anywhere.

camelspidersrule@yahoo.co.uk

12. You got it.

13. Hi,

Any chance you could email me that too?

Many thanks,
    R

14. Hi!!

Is there any chance you could email me a copy also??

tiddysanson@yahoo.co.uk

15. You can download the audio version here: http://www.bayard-magazines.co.uk/gammebox/adventure_video.jsp

I got it a while a go with a free copy of the text, but looks like they have run out of stock!

16. I know this was a long time ago and is probably a long shot but any chance you still have that copy of Sam's duck? You would be a lifesaver!

17. Lilaclady

Lilaclady New commenter

I think I may have it. If you send me a PM with your email addy, I'll see if I can find it.