1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Samba.... help!

Discussion in 'Music' started by msmuse, Apr 1, 2012.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Hi
    I have to teach a unit called 'Samba' after Easter. In every school I have worked in there has been a a peripatetic music teacher/service - therefore I have no music teaching experience and classify myself 'hopeless' as a music teacher! I plan to do some background work first, origins of the music etc. and play some examples and show a clip of typical instruments. Then what? I haven't found any plans at the school and am panicking a bit (a lot!). Are there any fantastic music teachers who can direct me to some plans that I can use to ensure I do a good job for the children (Yr7)?

2. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Hi
    I have to teach a unit called 'Samba' after Easter. In every school I have worked in there has been a a peripatetic music teacher/service - therefore I have no music teaching experience and classify myself 'hopeless' as a music teacher! I plan to do some background work first, origins of the music etc. and play some examples and show a clip of typical instruments. Then what? I haven't found any plans at the school and am panicking a bit (a lot!). Are there any fantastic music teachers who can direct me to some plans that I can use to ensure I do a good job for the children (Yr7)?

3. bod99

bod99 New commenter

Brooke1971 (possibly not quite right name) has a great resource on the resource bank. Have a look through! I'll try to find it for you now

4. bod99

bod99 New commenter

In fact there's loads on the resource bank. Enjoy

5. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

OH!!
    I feel bad now that I didn't look for myself [​IMG] I'm not normally that lazy, I just thought it was an unusual request. Thanks so much bod99.

6. There's a complete Samba scheme of work and accompanying resources on my site, Musical Contexts - http://www.musicalcontexts.co.uk/index_files/page0048.htm
    It is a subscription site, of which I'd be happy to provide you with details but there are complete resources, including audio cips, for you to teach a six lesson unit, together with a scheme of work.

7. Do you have a range of Samba instruments?

8. That site's got some great stuff on it! Thanks ;D Also a whole load of stuff on TES too.. And great resources on NGFL website :D

9. Hello Rob,

I have seen your comment from last year and found the link to the samba scheme of work. I am a trainee teacher and am teaching a whole samba unit next half term. Would it be possible to have a look at the samba scheme of work because this looks brilliant.

Many thanks,

Frances Green