1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SAM Learning Vs. I Am Learning

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by wildbeast1628, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    I was at BETT 2010 on Friday and came across 'i am learning'. I liked what I saw and thought it would be great for our school (secondary).
    I just wondered if anyone had used both SAM Learning & I Am Learning and could recommended one over the other?
    We currently have SAM Learning but it is not used as well as it should be.
    Thanks,
    Nick

2. Neither! Get on to www.what2learn.com - it recently won a national award and is FREE to access (and free of adverts) [​IMG]
    It has thousands of interactive revision games and exam drills, student attainment is automatically recorded, students enjoy in-built rewards to keep them going, teachers can easily monitor progress, etc.
    Best of all you can even add your own content to the game engines to really personalise it to the needs of your students (and see the scores they get in your activities).
    Don't waste your money on the inferior alternatives.

3. Sounds like a Dr Seuss convention

I am Sam
    Sam I am

4. gliss

gliss New commenter

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but, whilst looking for wonderful ideas and innovations that schools have used to raise attainment I came across 'Sam learning Go' and then this thread. I have know taken a look at SLG, I am learning and What2Learn and although tojo says What2learn is free - (it probaly was back in 2010), it is now £1 per child.
    Are any of these revision/learning sites worth the money?
    We have a very weak yr 10 and yr 8 cohort, my thoughts are to identify C/D pupils - possibly 60 pupils - at a £1 a pop with W2L that is a doable cost...We already have tracking, mentoring etc in place for identified students, will/can/does using this type of games learning raise achievement? How do you know?
    If you use any of these e learning platforms I'd be very gateful for some feedback.

5. SAM Learning might not be for everyone; teaching and learning isn?t ?one size fits all?. But research shows that it can make a real difference to the vast majority of students.

In fact evidence from the Fischer Family Trust indicates that with just 10 or more hours use Free School Students gain an average of 3.5 GCSE grades - pupil premium well spent eh?

6. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

FFT also indicates that children in better postcode areas should achieve about 60% higher grades. and that grades are directly linked to the method provision of meals at school.

Just sayin'

7. Hi, was wondering if any one on here can give me some advice on raising attainment for pupil premium students? I am a TA but have an interview on tuesday to be an Achievement and Attainment coach which will specifically be working with year 8 students who are at risk of under achieving due to their circumstances. Any advice would be amazing.

Thanks