1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Salford sentence reading test - confused

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mystery10, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Just read about it on another thread. The word "consecutive" should not have been used in the description of the instructions we are given. One just stops after 6 errors. Unprompted self-correction is allowed. That makes a lot more sense to me.
    Presumably it's the percentile that is of interest, not the absolute reading age?

2. No with SALFORD you want the child's sentence reading age. Yes, stop on 6th error and give that as the age. (I have seen variations on this)

3. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Thank you. Just did it today. Child got pretty low reading age as he made errors through guessing on words that I know he could work out phonically if he had paused to do so.
    Don't you think at the low end of the test quite a lot is expected of a 4 - 5 year old?
    Why don't you feel the centile is of interest in any way?

4. ketchpau

ketchpau New commenter

Does anyone have a copy of the Salford form X results page so that I can work out which reading age a child is if their 6th mistake was on "huge". Many thanks