1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Salary

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jkatehowe49, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jkatehowe49

jkatehowe49 New commenter

hi there!
    I am currently looking for a career change to fit in with my family life.
    I have the BTEC national diploma in childhood studies (which I am told equates to an NVQ 3 - I’d appreciate any clarification on this too).
    I was wondering, if people don’t mind me asking, what there take home wage is after all deductions, what hours that’s based on, and if that it mainstream or SEN education settings!?
    I am trying to figure out if I am going to be financially able to do this! Thank you in advance

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

I'm assuming you are looking at TA jobs. Most will pay according to the advert and not qualifications. TA pay is poor. When I worked 4 days a week, 8.30 to 4.30 with 30 min unpaid lunch,39 week year, I took home about £870 a month. I was at the top of the pay scale in my grade. I have over 10 years experience as a TA in maintained schools. I'm also a qualified teacher and qualified SENCo but those qualifications had no bearing on what I was paid as a TA.