1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

salary scale

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by helgarr, May 9, 2019.

1. helgarr

helgarr New commenter

Hello

I have accepted a job which was advertised as MPS I am currently on UPS1 but for various reasons I am taking a job with less responsibility. Will I go on to MPS point 6 - have been teaching for 30 + years I am having a bit of a panic.

thanks

2. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

It depends on the school but possibly. You need to get in touch with the school as soon as possible to clarify. Pay portability isn't guaranteed anymore, unfortunately.

3. helgarr

helgarr New commenter

Hi At the interview the Head did say it was an MPS post but not at which point. I am nervous about asking but it is pretty important to know

4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

You must ask. The head should have been clearer exactly what they were offering. It is likely to be M6 but they could set it at less.

becky70 and agathamorse like this.
  5. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Ask. I'm not a head but I'm pretty sure @Sundaytrekker is. Heads do understand that you have bills, mortgage etc.

6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I don't mean to sound rude, but when applying for a job of course you must know what it is going to pay before deciding whether to accept it! Why would any employer think it odd to be asked the salary?

becky70 likes this.