1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Salary in Spain 23000

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mrjack, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mrjack

mrjack New commenter

Would a Salary of 23000 EURO give a decent lifestyle in Northern Spain ?
    Thanks in Advance

2. mrjack

mrjack New commenter

Would a Salary of 23000 EURO give a decent lifestyle in Northern Spain ?
    Thanks in Advance

3. Thats about 1900 euros a month....well 10 years ago, I was in Spain...Costa Blanca, and I was on 1400...of which 3/4 went in rent. I wasn't exactly a hermit, but I was on my own. If you are in a rural part and on your own, you should be fine.
    Bottle of Cava 1.50 euros and some Tapas....ohh the memories!

4. miketribe

miketribe Occasional commenter

Before or after tax? Where in Spain? 14 payments or 12?

5. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

That depends if it is before or after tax.
    I worked last year at a school in Southern Spain and they offered me a very similar salary (22,050 €) which worked out at gross monthly salary of 1,837 € of which I actually got between 1,450 and 1,650 a month.
    I also worked in a school in Spain 10 years ago like the previous poster and I can tell you that the salary I got then is the same as the salary I would get now.
    I was able to claim some of the taxes back (700€), but if you are only going to be in Spain for a year you might not be able to do this.

6. Rent will take a big chunk of your pay... but then you will have Los San Fermines. Go for it Hemingway - you only live once.

7. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Within that sum, you'd not find the extra cash to purchase the Atletic Bilbao season ticket so, as such, you're scrimping it.

8. Now that you mention it.... Aupa los leones!

9. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

I forgot to add that the salary was for a part time post (0.7) NOT a full time post.