1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Salary in International Schools, Kenya

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by geddington, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Can anyone give me an idea of the sort of salary I could expect to receive teaching in an international school in Kenya (probably Nairobi)? I realise this is rather a 'how long is a piece of string? question as it will vary depending on the school but I am trying to establish whether I can afford to move to Kenya and still afford to cover my financial commitments in the UK. Any guidance on the basic cost of living versus income would also be really useful.

Many thanks in advance.

2. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

I recently received some renumeration details from a school in neighbouring Ethiopia. The salary was around the £1300 (split into a British and local currency element) with accommodation. One assumes that maybe something similar to what would be on offer but, as they say . . . every school is different and I'm an experienced teacher so may cost a few quid more.
    p.s. I was advised by some ex-staff that a monthly salary payment was not always guaranteed! Make of that what you will.

3. Many thanks for the info and the PMs. All help is gratefully received!

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

You are welcome.