1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

salary discrimination and other issues

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'm afraid that I too am UPS6 & have only had 3 interviews in 17 years. Lots of temporary posts but nothing for permanent.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Don't you think it's about time something (and I don't know what) waa done about this? I've done countless supply jobs (not day to day but terms) in departments almost entirely staffed by NQTs. The inexperience shows and they soon leave, only to be replaced by more NQTs. And so the cycle continues. An efficient department needs a mix of experiences and skills not a 'buy one get one free' recruitment policy.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Entirely agree, but there isn't the budgets since schools were taken out of local authority control & they all run their own budgets.
    On the other hand with the growth of Academies who can set their own pay & conditions, who knows it may be things may improve.