Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by hellothisismyusername, Oct 23, 2015.
A new Institution, Jo ?
Nothing on ***
Anyone know it please ?
As it's new, a check on the Singapore parent institution on *** might give an indication as to how it might shape up....
There are nearly 100 "international schools" in Malaysia (3/4 in KL) and about than 15 that are worth working in. And I am not that fussy!
Most are run by local Chinese Malaysian business owners who treat staff like cattle. But they refuse to feed the cow depite milking it to death.
Even some reputable names are not that good as aome rest in laurels and the quality of Heads isnt good. Same same on middle east and China though.
Saints one might be the "J" one advertsing. Will be sub third tier most likely with 20 to 30% expats and low pay. Worth applying to ask though. If they pay 15k-20k and first job overseas then would be worth a risk.
Hello NEMO! Are you sitting at home with buger all to do too, it being Sunday and not going to Church?
Just checked some background on the 'brothers' / religious nuts behind the school. I'm guessing salaries will be at the lower end based on the 5 values espoused (check No.3!!!):
1. A Brother commits to uniting with other Brothers, for the educational service of young people in need.
2. A Brother forgoes married life so he is readily available for the De La Salle mission.
3. A Brother vows to live simply with a focus on the mission rather than material gain.
4. A Brother vows to accept the work assigned to him.
5. A Brother commits to furthering the De La Salle mission throughout his life.
Just to add a quote from the job ad, to support my low salary theory:
Successful applicants will be sympathetic with the ethos of our school and supportive of our Lasallian values.