1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sainsbury's Inclusive PE Training Programme

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by amy092, Jul 26, 2017.

1. amy092

amy092 New commenter

I am a student teacher and having been given the opportunity to attend this free programme in my area, I would highly recommend it to all, it is well worth the time. I know a lot on this forum will be experienced long-serving teachers of PE or otherwise, however the course was not just for student teachers. A variety of teachers were present, some who had been in the profession for a long time, some primary, secondary, and student teachers and NQTs, all of which found it beneficial. It was free, was around 3/4 hours and was at a local facility. Those leading the session were very helpful, and the session was both practical and theoretical. I know a lot of people see these advertisements and don't know whether it would be worth their time or not, so I thought I'd post here just to give one opinion at least. We went through a variety of techniques and concepts designed to ensure sport and PE is accessible to all, and were also given materials to come away with and look at.

I hope this helps at least one person :)