1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sainsbury’s Energy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by minnie me, Aug 22, 2019.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Anyone with them and can comment/ recommend? Coming to a two year fixed plan with OVO . Would prefer a two year deal but not much out there and Sainsbury’s look competitive ( plus 8000 Nectar points = £ 40 ) ? ... We are below average users.

2. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

I switched from Ovo to Bulb and so far, so good. After a few months they lowered my monthly payments by £9, so that was welcome. Sorry I can't comment on Sainsbury's - might be worth it to claim the Nectar points and you can always switch again later. What does Martin Lewis say?

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Martin Lewis suggests a cast of thousands but not Sainsbury’s. I think all which are suggested are I year deals ? ...
    Note to self - try not to overthink this ;)

4. BertieBassett2

Is there another deal which appeals? Some of the newer energy companies are better than you'd expect.

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Not drawn to any in particular tbh. I shall be £240 approx in credit with OVO. Shall need to up my monthly DD but that ‘s ok. My son just signed up with Tonik.

BertieBassett2 likes this.
  6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We looked at them a couple of years ago. We were/are with British gas. Sainsbury are also British gas. Unit rate was cheaper but they got it all and more back with the standing charge so we didn't swap.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

But will they still be in business in 12 months time?

mothorchid and BertieBassett2 like this.
  8. BertieBassett2

9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

10. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Lead commenter

I was with sainsburys about three years ago. They were fine, no problems. My 'deal' came to an end and I switched to another provider which was cheaper at the time.

BertieBassett2 and minnie me like this.
  11. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I'm with Ovo and like them very much. Coincidentally, yesterday I was with my brother and we looked at his bills. He was with npower (spit) and his deal had ended. Using Martin Lewis, we found a deal with EDF which was over £50per month cheaper. It's only for a year, but we put a reminder into his diary to re-check next year. Then we felt smug!