1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Safeguarding

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by anon261, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Has anyone had any safeguarding training and how are you keeping this up to date?
    Obviously as tutors, we go into houses and see the children on a regular basis. I therefore thought this was an appropriate post - if not just to raise awareness! [​IMG]

2. Also, to link in with the above, do any of you have contact with the child's school?

3. I'm in contact with one of the schools, as I tutor 4 of their children. I'm safeguarding trained, but I don't think it's necessary.

4. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

The parents have asked for, and been graciously given, medium term plans so that I can teach ahead or reinforce.
    Safeguarding - training through school. Keep doors open, sit opposite child where possible, no personal details, no photos. As a man I would be more concerned, and if it's a problem, talk to the parents - can they keep within earshot? You'd be wise to take whatever precautions possible to protect yourself.