1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Safeguarding advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Kwal7, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I've just started my second year teaching and never had something like this come up before, so looking for some advice.
    Basically, I let my Yr5 class out today and walked out 5 minutes later (i'm in a temporary classroom just outside the main building) and overheard the mother of one of my male children tell him bluntly that he would be getting a smacked bum with the wooden spoon when they got home.
    I'm not entirely sure what I should now. Report it immediately (tomorrow)? Wait until the weekly safeguarding meeting (next Monday) or just leave it alone and not interfere?
    Thanks in advance for advice!

2. You need to talk to the designated person in your school (often the head)

3. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

Always report any concerns, however small, immediately to the designated child protection person in school. They will have received training and will have the knowledge and experience to decide whether an issue needs following up.