1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

safe browsing for my kids

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by uselessnerd, Dec 31, 2010.

1. why not go on to maths for help with you finances, then follow that with a visit to psychology to find out why you are an a'hole!

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

LMAO.
    Not a parent but have you tried your ISP's home website? What parental controls do they offer?
    HTH

3. I have known for some time that I am an ***, too.

But if it were me, I'd throw the xxxxxxx netbooks in the bin, talk to my kids, encourage them to read, do more things with them that enrich their lives and stop them wasting their existence staring at a bloody computer screen.

That money could have bought a piano, guitars, new bikes, days on artificial snow, horse-riding, country walks, tennis lessons, hockey/football/ etc club time and so on and so on.

Computers given em Facebook.

Please feel free to remind me that I am an *** and much besides.

4. What a good post mymouse. You're obviously not an *** sometimes.

5. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Just slap "k9 web protection" on the machines, you can lock them down as much as you like, sure the 12 year old might be savvy enough to find a way round it but you will soon work out it they have.

6. look JB the boys play rugby, taekwando, cook meals at home, have active social lives yadda yadda. I am delighted they are not interested in country walks or horse riding.

The irony of your post as you waste your existence in the cOuntless hours you have spent on this forum. Why don't you enrich my life with some of your infinite wisdom

cheers mate

7. I'm sure they did all of that.
    Before the netbooks............

8. I will pitch in here and say I am not planning to ever buy my kids netbooks, laptops etc. There are computers in the house (not bedrooms) they are in fixed positions with the screens facing outwards into the room. You walk past, you see what the kids are browsing. Works better than most fiddly net nanny software. [​IMG]

9. Another vote for opendns. It's great, customisable, e.g. levels of filtering and free...