1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sad....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Bit sad and very teary today... Eight years ago today my mum was killed in a car accident.. freak thing too... Her and Dad were away on holidays - driving home actually and I was overseas in Vietnam before I started uni to do my teaching degree in Oz... I got the phone call just after I landed in Hanoi... it was a dreadful last few days on the trip - couldn't get an earlier flight home - it was Tet and everything was either closed or fully booked so just had to wait it out...
    So much has happened in the last eight years that I wished I could have shared with her... I've since gotten divorced, moved to the UK and started a life here... but every day I just wish I could pick up the phone and just have a chat... talk about the little things... get those recipes I loved so much... just say hello...
    I miss her so much...
    [​IMG]

2. Bit sad and very teary today... Eight years ago today my mum was killed in a car accident.. freak thing too... Her and Dad were away on holidays - driving home actually and I was overseas in Vietnam before I started uni to do my teaching degree in Oz... I got the phone call just after I landed in Hanoi... it was a dreadful last few days on the trip - couldn't get an earlier flight home - it was Tet and everything was either closed or fully booked so just had to wait it out...
    So much has happened in the last eight years that I wished I could have shared with her... I've since gotten divorced, moved to the UK and started a life here... but every day I just wish I could pick up the phone and just have a chat... talk about the little things... get those recipes I loved so much... just say hello...
    I miss her so much...
    [​IMG]

3. Sending you hugs tafawke ((((()))))
    Sometimes spending time just letting it all engulf you and having a good cry is just what's needed. xx

4. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

I'm not surprised you are feeling so sad today,tafawke. Big hug from me too. x

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Aw ((((Tafawke)))) Indulge your feelings and be sad today x x

6. Thinking of you today, it's so hard when you lose a parent. It's now nearly 17 years since my dad died and 16 my mum, I still think about them all the time, wish they could have watched their ten grandchildren grow up; the first great grandchild is due any day.
    However it doesn't hurt so much anymore, it is true that time is great healer.
    Think about her, talk about her often and her memory will live with you forever.

7. but every day I just wish I could pick up the phone and just have a chat... talk about the little things... get those recipes I loved so much... just say hello...
    Those are the things I miss too as well as being able to talk about the books we read. I wish too I'd asked her more about her early life, her parents, things like that. She was a very difficult person but I miss her and the good thing is that we all talk about her with love and affection and she is always with us.
    big hugs
    C x

8. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

My dad dies in 1979 at the age I am now. Guess what? It never goes away.

9. I lost my mother very suddenly a year ago (24th January). I know exactly what you mean about wanting to pick up the phone and share news. I never got the chance to tell her about my new job or that I have paid off all my debts and it breaks my heart that she will not see her grandchildren grow up.
    This year I will turn 43 - my Dad died at the age of 43 when I was 19. I am not looking forward to that birthday at all.
    Take care of yourself and allow yourself a weep. Join us on the bereavement thread any time you feel like talking - it is a lovely thread xxx