1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sad news about a much appreciated former poster

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Nov 22, 2019.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I have just received the following from the sister of Tidal, aka Didactylos4.

He was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer in August 2019, he is currently on an 'end of life' ward at our local hospital, we are expecting news any day now. He has asked me to thank you for your kindness and your friendship.

Goodbye to one of the most technically knowledgeable and helpful of posters.

I am crying as I type.

keyboard2, JL48, ShowerGel and 16 others like this.
  2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I also had a message from his sister. I had a good cry too . :( And now I'm starting again.

In fact in my reply I said
    I've always thought him a well-measured, thoughtful poster, who tried to look all round any discussion and take a measured stance, not just post bigoted thinking. I always found him most helpful with any technical problems. He is much missed.

Whether she'll get back to me I don't know, but I did say that with her permission I would post news on here, so you've beaten me to it Theo.

3. Weald56

Weald56 Established commenter

Very sad news. I hope what will I'm sure be an outpouring of good wishes from here gets to him.

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I always appreciated Tidal's posts. If anyone's in touch, send my good wishes.

5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I've also had a message. If you've had any contact with Tidal by pm, then there may be a similar message in your inbox.

6. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

I don't remember Tidal's posts but my good wishes too.

7. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I've always appreciated Tidal's contributions - that's very sad news. I had no PM contact, but my condolences to friends and family, as and when.

9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Sadly, there is no other way pancreatic cancer can be described. I agree he was always helpful when he could be.

Quite unlike the individual who weirdly felt he'd overstayed his welcome and dobbed in a raft of posters whose company we've enjoyed.

10. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

Very sad news indeed.

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Very sorry to hear this. He was a great poster. I wish life had been kinder to him.

12. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I am so shocked and saddened. A lovely and genuine poster who will be really missed...well has been missed and it was dreadful he was removed from here really. I wish much bad karma on the person responsible in whichever guise it posts in now !

13. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

So sad. Very sorry to hear this.

14. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Saddened by the news. I hope a gentle peace for Tidal.

15. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

16. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I have received and responded to a message from Tidal's sister too.

Such sad news. Tidal was a star on these forums and a real character to meet in real life too.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I wish I'd met him in real life...

He was a great poster and I've missed his voice every day since he fell silent.

Such sad news....

18. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

So very sorry to hear this.

19. blazer

blazer Star commenter

20. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I'm so sorry to hear this. Tidal is lovely and was a great asset to these boards. He has been missed ever since he was silenced and will be missed the more so now we know he won't be coming back.

If anyone is in touch with his sister, please pass on my condolences and very best wishes.