1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sacked for facebook post

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Lyndsae, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I feel like I have been hounded out of my job.
    I am not a lesbian, but I am a single, white female in a predominately Asian Community. My bf is Asian, the last two bf's have been Asian. I my self give Asians preferential treatment as mainly they do not abuse alcohol.

hi,i was sacked from college. I broke my leg, was immobilised in a leg brace and could only bend knee 30 degrees. having to negotiate 6 flights of stairs 2 - 3 times a day was exhausting and no lift key was provided. i became run down and exhausted, did n't take time off. then i was being molested by all manner of males, staff and students alike. got suspended. whilst on suspension drank heavily, wrote rude words all over college website. got no student compliants, no parental complaints. no body knew it was me, i do not remember doing it. came from my account.
    they tracked it down.
    After 3 years of dedicated work and going to great pains to teach. They sacked me for writing three expletives and some junk....on a late friday night when i was so drunk, with stress that i do not even remember writing it. It happpened outside of college. They said I was not fit to teach for doing that. How could they, make out they were worried about my mental health after leaving me to limp about my duties and struggle with stair for 6 weeks?
    they have offered me an agreed ref if i do not appeal. They have ruined my life. If they had been more practical in their support when i broke my leg, none of this would have happened. Did they break the law by not providing the lift key?

2. That is, they could have said i was unfit to teach due to all the stairs and signed me off on sick leave. But no, they waited and laid low, hooing to save money and when I was tired and worn down enough, they fired me.

Mainly I was coming up to the three years long service where by they would have to hire me properly.

3. So not Facebook at all then. This HAS to be a Sunday morning wind up.

4. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Occasional commenter

They might mean the college's facebook page.

5. baitranger

baitranger Occasional commenter

Is that part of your defence?

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I can't help feeling that offering you any sort of reference is pretty unethical of them. You don't sound very employable.
    So you're not responsible for your actions?
    What on earth does this mean?
    I'm sure lesbians everywhere will be profoundly grateful, but this is relevant because...?

7. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Damn. Coffee spluttered all over keyboard.

8. Have to say I didn't understand the original post at all (not something unusual for me these days) but thanks to you lot I think I do now.
    Reading between the lines, if it's not a wind-up, I suspect that the stuff she put on the website (whichever website it might have been) might have given the impression that she was a lesbian anti-muslim person (goodness know how you would portray that though) and she just wants to put the record straight. Since we have no idea who she is, what she wrote, or where she wrote it, and probably don't give a damn, then I think the record might still be a tad wonky.

9. What is this????? It has put a smile on my face today... not at someone's misfortune but how someone can be so unclear. I have no idea what they're trying to say OR why it is posted here?!