1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

S.O.S Inspection Looming... Lesson Help

Discussion in 'Science' started by misshelb, Apr 23, 2016.

1. misshelb

misshelb New commenter

Calling on the help/guidance of my fellow Science teachers! Basically we have been given the dreaded phone call and are due a visit off the inspectors. The week of my timetable that they are due in I have a number of very low ability
    Year 7 and Year 8 classes, so chances are i'll get observed with these. Despite having taught a wide range of abilities for 12 years through all key stages, and never having less than a Good for a lesson observation (my proud moment!!) I am really struggling with what to do in these observation lessons. Usually we have max 10 pupils in our lower ability classes, but this year they have 20-25, and I honestly have not taught such a mixed group of students with such low abilities.
    I am in the middle of our Energy unit with my Year 8 so was thinking of some Renewable v Non Renewable stuff, and Year 7 have just started looking at materials and their properties (metals today) am i'm stumped.
    Any help will will be greatly appreciated!! Pleeeeeease!!!