1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

S.K.I.P training

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by free trade hall, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hello

does anyone know what this is please? Have searched on here but no luck so far. Thanks in hope!

FTH

2. Hello

does anyone know what this is please? Have searched on here but no luck so far. Thanks in hope!

FTH

3. hi FTH - think it is actually S.C.I.P (not with a K). I am not sure what each letter stands for - but it is a technique used to handle behaviour (descalating, phyiscal holds etc). many counties (including ours)use Team Teach. (If you type in s.c.i.p. you will get some results on this forum. Good luck

4. well there you go, you'd think someone advertising a vacancy might use the right initials! Your description fits with the post as it is for an EBD teacher.

thanks very much

FTH

5. Dodros

Dodros New commenter

An online search suggests that S.C.I.P. stands for "Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention". More information here:

http://www.proact-scipr-uk.com/

6. Yep scipr, just had it at my school. Well half of it, as a bit of an emergency we just did the practical stuff not the theory. I'm having to use it several times daily at the moment, very stressful!