1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RYVITA----CARB?????

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by poppymolly, Aug 5, 2008.

1. There's no way of avoiding it - everything in moderation and exercise folks!!

I do agree to curb the starchy carbs like has been said on this forum so many times before :)

Btw, on ww, ryvita is 1/2 point per slice so get them down ya!

2. Thanks everyone!!

3. I have to echo Seren on this one.

Eating healthily and moderate exercise is the best thing that you can do for your body. End of.

If you cut out all carbs you actually encourage your body to use lean muscle as fuel (it prefers that to fat stores you know) and although you may lose weight you'll end up with a higher body fat percentage and that is NOT good for you at all better to weight a bit more and have a low body fat %age in all truth. If you exercise this offsets this a bit, but you need to do weight-bearing exercise (NOT cardio but physical, actual weight-lifting) to ensure muscle isn't lost.

Faddy diets DO NOT WORK otherwise the diet industry would have gone bust by now!

4. *weigh (gah, typos!)

5. Bah, so what if ryvita's only 1/2 a point per slice. It tastes like cardboard. It might as well be cardboard!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I actually actively like the dark rye ryvita. It's great. Unfortunately I particularly like it slathered in butter thick enough to leave tooth prints.

7. I like Ryvita too. A can of one-point WW tuna stuff does four Ryvitas and actually makes me feel as though I've eaten, which salad never does. Their no-point (aptly-named) soup - I need to eat about four bowlfuls to feel full.

Agree that like a healthy baked potato or corn cob, I'm only really interested if it comes with half a pound of butter on it.

8. frankly if you are worrying about the carbs in a RYVITA (!!!!) you seriously need to either get more clued up about nutrition or think about your attitudes to food and self! OTT!